EKU Honors is a dynamic, supportive learning community available to EKU students in any major. Honors students complete 18-25 hours of creative and innovative honors courses designed to replace general education credits you may still need and enhance your EKU experience.
As an honors student, you’ll take classes with professors who are excited about the material they’re teaching and who care about you and your learning. Honors class sizes average 18-20 students in highly interactive, discussion-based settings. You’ll be surrounded by students who take their academic and professional goals seriously but still enjoy their college experience.
EKU Honors has a $2 million endowment that we get to spend on student research, travel, and study abroad opportunities. Membership in EKU Honors does not require an additional program fee.
As a member of EKU Honors, you’ll enjoy many perks and benefits:
- Priority registration so you get the classes you need
- The option to live in the Honors Living Learning Community (LLC), located in either Burnam or Martin Hall
- Use of the Honors Study Lounge, located near honors classrooms and offices
- Extended library checkout privileges, including the ability to check out materials from EKU's Crabbe Library for up to four weeks
- Recognition at graduation with our signature maroon cap, which identifies you as an EKU Honors Scholar. Your transcript and diploma will also recognize your accomplishments.
EKU Honors holds one application cycle each year. Applications typically open in early August. You can apply for EKU Honors after you’re accepted to EKU. Students accepted in our annual application cycle start in the honors program in the fall semester.
EKU Honors courses are only offered at the EKU Richmond campus.
EKU Honors holds one application cycle each year. Applications typically open in early August. You can apply for EKU Honors after you’re accepted to EKU.
We encourage all interested students to apply by our priority application deadline of January 15. Applying by that date means you can expect an admission decision by mid-February. Students conditionally accepted to EKU Honors are required accept and secure their spot in the program via email by May 1.
Our final application deadline is April 1. Applications received between January 16 and April 1 will be evaluated on a space available basis after the May 1 decision deadline. Admission decisions for this pool of applicants will be sent by May 15.
Transferring from the honors program or college at your current institution? Complete the automatic transfer steps before your first day of classes at EKU.