Extra Semester Scholarships
EKU Honors has some limited scholarship funds that can be made available to Honors students who need a 9th and/or 10th semester to graduate and who have used their original 8 semesters of EKU merit scholarship funding. The amount of funding is limited, and the precise amount of each award will depend on the size of the applicant pool and number of deserving candidates. Scholarship recipients will also receive an extension of their Honors books-on-loan award.
Extra semester scholarship applications open in February or March each year. To be considered for an extra semester scholarship, students must be currently enrolled in EKU Honors and be in good standing in the program. Students must have already finished 8 semesters of work at EKU (including the current semester) and be on track to graduate in the following fall or spring semester. Applications are reviewed over the summer, and recipients are notified by August 1.
Extra Semester Scholarships for 2018-19:
Please include the following in an email to Dr. David Coleman, Honors Program Director no later than Friday, April 20, 2018:
- Full name and EKU ID number
- Major(s) and current EKU GPA
- Brief statement of educational and professional goals (roughly 2-4 sentences)
- List of academic achievements and community leadership and/or service activities during time at EKU
- Scholarship needs (only Fall 2018 or both Fall 2018 and Spring 2019)